Saturday, August 27, 2011

Farmer's Market season....

Has it really been THAT long since I've posted on here? yikes! I guess the markets really have taken over..lol. I have to admit that I do love them...baking furiously the day and night before, crashing for a couple of hours before getting up at the crack of dawn with the first glimpses of sunshine, loading and reloading the car for the early morning commute....Finally arriving at the destination to unload and set up a beautiful landscape filled with little tarts, tasty treats, breakfast goodies, and breads...yummmy! The first cup of coffee, steamy and intoxicating fills up my senses after i put on the last touches to the tables. The first of the morning customers arrive, chipper and eager to see what thier perserverance will achieve for them. I love those people...they chat with me in thier exhuberant tones, charging my batteries more than the coffee ever could. I love people...funny I know, but I love people. I love to see the expressions on people's faces after that very first bite of a freshly baked blueberry scone, as the berries pop and the butter melts on thier tongues...it's worth every extra minute... every frustration....it just fills my heart to see people happy because of such a little thing like this. They go on about their day, and many more new "friends" start to the fill the marketplace. The the end of the afternoon the tables now look barren and deserted...a good day's work was had, and tomorrow we get to do it all over again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment